I started experimenting with acid dyes back in October. I ordered a bunch of Jacquard dyes and some yarn online for my experiments. First I redyed some of my old projects that desperately needed a new life. The socks were originally dyed with Kool-Aid years ago and were mostly grey so these definitely are better now. The arm warmers turned from pale yellow into scarlet red, so much better now.
My first yarn experiments were with light fingering weight superwash high twist yarn (75% wool, 25% nylon). These turned out so much better than I expected thanks to amazing Youtube tutorials. I just wanted to dye more and more after this. These have not made it to my needles just yet.
At the end of November I had time to continue and this time I was trying out speckle dyeing. Drops Fabel (fingering weight sock yarn) turned into the most amazing mossy green and Schachenmayr Extra Merino (DK weight superwash merino) turned into shady purple with blackish spots. The purple didn't turn out so nice but it's already on my needles so we'll just have to see how it looks knitted up.
The moss like Fabel has already been knitted into a pair of socks and these are definitely my favourites at this moment. The end result is just spot on what I was envisioning when I started dyeing. These took 88 grams with 2,5mm circulars. I'll definitely continue my yarn dyeing adventures when I have time again.